Grannies are love! Isn’t it? My granny is always pampering me whenever I’m around. And that’s what every granny does to her grandchildren.
I’ll take the opportunity to share a short heart touching story with y’all.
(YOU MAY SCROLL DOWN FOR THE RECIPE)
PEDA or MILK FUDGE is something I made for a reason.
Here it goes:
My dad as a child was too attached to his grandmom. Both of them used to sit together under the moon on the terrace and share every single thing of the day, while his granny kept her knitting game right simultaneously(a sweater for my dad obviously).
One day, she expired, leaving a void in his life.
June 22nd is her birthday, so I made pedas for my dad because his granny used to pamper him with this.
Next, there was water in his eyes and I was literally crying. We were sad and happy at the same time. He was missing his partner. And, certainly, was proud of me.(What more could I’ve asked for?)
SO HERE GOES THE RECIPE:
- 2 cups, full cream milk powder
- 1 can, condensed milk(approx. 400gms)
- 100 gm, unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 pinch of saffron
- Microwave 2 tbsp of milk in a microwave safe bowl for just a minute(or less).
- Add the pinch was saffron to it, mix and keep it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the salted butter on the lowest possible flame with CONTINUOUS stirring, without letting it boil.
- Add milk powder to it and keep on stirring till the butter and the powder are succumbed well.
- Now, add condensed milk to it and stir it well till it becomes a dough.(You can use a spatula to combine the dough)
- After the dough is combined, add saffron milk to it.
- Now the dough for peda is ready.
- Allow it to cool a little to a bearable warmth. Don’t allow it to cool too much otherwise the shape of the peda won’t be apt.
- Now roll the pedas, flatten it a little.
- Punch a hole in it and garnish it with fresh pistachios.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know your experience in the comment section below.