Featuring one of my favourite desserts from the Chaand Raat, Eid. Sheer is the most lovable dessert and is usually made during the festival of EID. Here’s a simple recipe that’ll make your day even more special:
- 4 cups milk(full fat)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- chopped nuts of your choice
- 1/2 to 1 cup rose water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- a pinch of salt
- sugar, according to taste
- Wash rice and cook with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt for about 20 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of milk and simmer for an hour.
- Occasionally, stir the pot to make sure that the bottom does not stick.
- After one hour the rice and milk will thicken into a pudding consistency.
- Add chopped nuts of your choice.
- Add rosewater and cardamom and cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour it in a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- As soon as it reaches the room temperature put it in a refrigerator.SERVE COLD AND ENJOY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES.
Let me know if you try this out.