First of all, thank you so much for showering so much love on Instagram.
So my sibling is just 7 right now and she was mad at me when she got to know that I specially baked a cake for a friend and not for her(ever)!
Hence, after a long day I had to settle with this subtle yet beautiful cake, that came out to be amazing!
- 250g All purpose flour(maida)
- 175g powdered sugar
- 100ml olive oil
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 2-2.5tbsps curd/yoghurt
- 1/2cup milk
- 1tbsp vinegar
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of vanilla essence
- 1/2tbsp Glucose syrup/cake gel
- 1tbsp Apple cider vinegar
For base cake:
- Sieve the flour in a bowl along with baking powder and baking soda.
- Apply butter paper on the cake tin, grease it with oil so that the cake doesn’t stick to it.
- Dust the cake tin and butter paper with maida.
- Meanwhile, set your oven at 180 degrees for pre heating.
- Take an empty bowl, add the dry ingredients we sieved above in a small amount for now.
- Now add curd, glucose syrup(be careful while you add it, more amount of it can cause a burnt cake) and sugar.
- Start whipping it with a manual or an electric whipper.
- Meanwhile, add vinegar(not apple cider vinegar) to half a cup of milk and mix it well in another cup.
- While you’re whipping, add olive oil and vanilla essence.
- Add a little more maida mixture to the batter and keep on whipping. (We’re adding the sieved mixture slowly, in parts so that there are no lumps in our batter)
- Add a little of the milk and vinegar mixture if the batter is thick and keep mixing it.
- Add the remaining maida mixture and mix it well.
- Add milk and vinegar mixture if the batter is still thick.
- I added 1-2tbsp of hot water after this cause my batter was still thick.
- Now, in the end add the apple cider vinegar.
- Once you add this, you’ve to rush with the batter while whipping.
- Now the batter is fluffy enough and can be poured inside the cake tin.
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes and after it is done, let it cool on the cooling tray.
For whipped cream:
- Pour the frozen whipped cream in a bowl.
- Keep it in an ice water bath(the bowl should be freezed and then filled with ice cubes)
- Whip it once and add 1/2 cup of icing sugar(more if sweetness is desired) and whip it again.
- Now add a little vanilla essence since we’re making a vanilla cake. Whip it for about 5-6 minutes.
- The cream would get fluffy by now.
- Refrigerate it for a while.
For cake decoration:
- Wrap a cardboard with a foil paper and keep the cake over it.
- You may keep it on cake stand for comfort.
- Now, divide the cake into two parts such that you get three round shaped slices.
- Spread the whipped cream on the first slice with the help of a spatula(or a butter knife). You can also spread diluted strawberry jam before the cream if you wish to give it a real time strawberry flavour(I was too tired to do this)
- Keep the other slice over the above one and do the same with this one too.
- Now, keep the third slice over it and spread the whipped cream all over it in 3D.
- Use the icing nozzle to make your favourite designs.
- Garnish it with fresh strawberries and you’re done!
This is a simple recipe for a lazy ass like me! Hope you try it and like it!💛