Happy Navratri to all of you. May you’re blessed with more happiness.
Here’s the recipe to the Sabudana Khichdi, do try it out and let me know how well did it go for you.
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 small to medium size potatoes
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 green chili – chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sugar or as required
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- Rock salt or sendha namak to taste
- Soak sabudana overnight or for 3-5 hours.
- Drain the sabudana very well and keep aside in a bowl.
- Boil the potatoes and when warm peel and cut them into pieces.
- In a pan dry roast the peanuts till browned and when cooled make a coarse powder with the help of a grinder.
- Mix the powdered peanuts, salt and sugar with the drained sabudana well.
- Now heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry the cumin seeds first till they crackle and get browned.
- Now add green chilies to it.
- Sir and add potatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sabudana and keep on stirring the mixture.
- when the sabudana looses its opaqueness, it is cooked.
- Don’t over cook as they might become lumpy and hard.
- Lastly, serve it hold and enjoy with a cup of Chai.